Free checked baggage allowance
Checked baggage is the one that has been previously checked in at the airport and sent to the cargo compartment of the aircraft.
The baggage allowance for each passenger is 25 kg, distributed between a maximum of 2 items of luggage for each passenger. Baggage items must not exceed the following dimensions: 75 cm high, 45 cm long, 35 cm wide, or 155 linear centimeters.
The following items can be permitted only as checked baggage:
Wheelchairs and motorized wheelchairs:
Wheelchairs or other mobility aids driven by a dry battery will be accepted as long as the battery has been disconnected, the terminals protected against short circuits and the battery is securely fastened to the wheelchair or mobility aid. The transport of these items for disabled passengers is not counted as part of the baggage allowance permitted.
- Traveling minors who pay 50% of the adult rate have the same free baggage allowance as an adult.
- Infants (children under 2) are entitled to carry 1 piece of luggage such as a stroller, a child safety seat, or a baby carrier seat.
- We recommend removing all tags and labels from previous flights before handing in your luggage at the check-in counter, and remember to avoid placing fragile items in it. Breakage or damage to these items may be difficult to avoid due to handling. In case you need to transport special items, please consult with our cargo department.
- It is important that you label your luggage with your name, address, city, and telephone number and make it as visible as possible. You can find tags at the check-in counters at the airport.
- It is recommended that you secure your luggage properly.
- Remember to keep all the luggage receipts you receive when checking in your luggage. It is important that you verify that the number of receipts matches the number of pieces of luggage you registered, as well as their destination.
- For your own safety never accept to retrieve, keep, or transport a stranger’s luggage.
- It is important to keep in mind that when retrieving your luggage at the airport of destination, the tag number must match the number on your receipt. If you cannot find your luggage upon arrival, you must notify it to the baggage handling personnel before you leave the airport.
CALL CENTER (511) 705-9000
2013 Star up S.A - Transport contract - Conditions of sale - Terms of rate types - Endorsements and postponements - FAQ - Privacy - Press and gallery - Fleet - Site map