Passengers with diminished eyesight or who are hearing-impaired
- Animals especially trained to assist passengers with disability status are allowed to travel in the passenger cabin without the need of a cage or kennel as long as it remains closely monitored by its owner throughout the flight.
- These dogs do not fall in the category of live animal transport. It is also understood that they are trained to do their physiological necessities at certain times and places.
- Guide dogs must have all their legal documentation and comply with all legal procedures (use of muzzles, vaccination certificate, and documentation that certifies that they are trained animals). In case these requirements are not met, they will be considered pets and placed in the cargo hold.
- If the disabled passenger is traveling with another person, he/she will be offered the option of placing the dog in the cargo hold.
- The passenger with a guide dog will not be charged additionally for the animal’s weight or transport. It will be considered as part of the registered baggage.
- For reasons of seating arrangement, the number of passengers traveling with guide dogs on a flight is limited. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you request this service at the time of booking or purchasing your tickets.
Animals trained to provide emotional support
- StarPeru considers dogs and monkeys to be within this category.
- It is necessary to show all the required documentation issued by a mental health professional justifying the reasons for the need to travel accompanied by an animal. This documentation should have been issued within a year prior to the departure date.
- Animals under this category must have all their legal documentation and comply with all legal procedures (use of muzzles, vaccination certificate, and documentation asserting that the animal is intended to provide emotional support). In case these requirements are not met, they will be considered pets and placed in the cargo hold.
Note: For safety reasons, if traveling with a trained animal, a passenger cannot occupy a seat on the emergency exit row.
CALL CENTER (511) 705-9000
2013 Star up S.A - Transport contract - Conditions of sale - Terms of rate types - Endorsements and postponements - FAQ - Privacy - Press and gallery - Fleet - Site map